Finding the perfect cross country race shoes can be tough going, but with the S-Works Recon shoes, we've made the choice simple. Exceptional power transfer? Check. Gram-counter approved? Check. Undeniable style? You got it. With the S-Works Recon you get XC-focused mountain bike shoes that truly have no compromises.
We took a no-holds-barred approach to transferring every bit of your power to the pedals. The sole utilizes a rubber toe and heel for superior off-the-bike traction, while the pontoons are made of a harder TPU to provide excellent stability and power transfer to the pedal. A completely refined Padlock Heel, meanwhile, packs in more comfort with the same exceptional heel hold that you found in the previous iteration. And finally, the space-grade Dyneema material used in the upper doesn’t stretch when pulled on, making sure that your foot stays where it’s supposed to. With all of these features combined, you can be sure that we’ve kept in line with the motto “every watt is sacred.”
In the comfort arena, we kept all of the Body Geometry features you know and love, like the Longitudinal Arch, Varus Wedge, and Metatarsal Button. Each one of these features have been ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to not only boost power, but also to increase efficiency and reduce the risk of injury. We also took luxury into account by designing the S-Works Recon to have form that complements its function, so you'll find seams that are bonded together, rather than sewn, cleaning up the lines and contouring to your foot with slipper-like comfort. The custom CNC’d alloy Boa dials add some panache, but they also feature durable spring clutch internals and precise, one-millimeter micro-adjustments that let you perfectly dial-in your fit.
The S-Works Recon embodies everything we know about footwear, compacted into one shoe with no compromises, no shortcuts—just explosive speed and superior comfort.
- Body Geometry sole and footbed are ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to boost power, increase efficiency, and reduce the chance of injury by optimizing hip, knee, and foot alignment.
- Our stiffest and lightest XC FACT carbon plate maximizes power transfer: Stiffness Index 13.0
- Dyneema Mesh is trapped between layers of four-way stretch mesh and TPU to create no-stretch zones for the ultimate connection and comfort.
- Independent alloy BOA S3-Snap dials for on-the-fly micro-adjustment, backed by the BOA Lifetime Guarantee.
- PadLock heel construction cradles the heel and is proven to improve acceleration.
- Titanium alloy cleat nut.
- SlipNot rubber heel and toe tread for confident traction on all terrain with removable toe studs.
- Form Fit last with a roomy toe box for the ultimate in connectivity and comfort.
- Two-bolt cleat pattern fits all major MTB pedals.
- Approximate weight: 270g (1/2 pair, Size 42)
Clipless pedals, shoes, and cleats come in many varieties, some specific to one brand or another. If you have a favorite, you may already know what you're looking for, and what is compatible.
Want some help choosing the right pedals and/or shoes? Interested in trying something new? Contact us to ensure your shoes are compatible with your pedals, and all of it's compatible with you.
|Cleat Compatibility||Two-bolt SPD-style|
|Closure and Fit Adjustment||Independent alloy BOA S3-Snap dials|
|Upper||Dyneema, four-way stretch mesh, TPU|
|Midsole||XC FACT carbon plate|
|Stiffness Index: Value/Range||13.0|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Black / 36||888818449323||61119-0136||SWR189645916|
|Black / 43||888818452507||61119-0143||SWR182361693|